People buy what they see! Therefore it is important to have a website, if you are a businessman. In case you don’t have a website, you can still reach to your clients through e mails. SO if you don’t have a website yet, you can still secure a domain name with a hosting company. Email client softwares are essential tools for current business models. There are number of webmail service providers which provide you unlimited e mail accounts. But it would look more professional if you can use your own domain name for your or your employees’ e mail IDs. After you have set up email addresses with your domain hosting company, all you need to do is to get the advantage pf free software Outlook, which provides single platform for effective communication through e mails. Microsoft Outlook is the most commonly used email client software. It gives you an opportunity to organize e mails as per preferences.
If you are not a computer geek, setting an account in Microsoft Outlook can be a difficult task. Here is an effort to simplify the steps to set up an email account with Microsoft Outlook (2007).
- Open the Outlook
- Select “Tools” from the menu section
- You will find a section named Account setting. Just click on it and open it.
- We are trying to set up a new account here. So you need to select “New”. Now, a new window named “Add New E-mail Account” will open.
- You need to choose a server type. The types can be Microsoft exchange, POP3 , HTTP or IMAP. For setting a Hotmail account, you need to click “Others”. After that, click on “Next”.
- Next step would be to provide 3 details about the email ID. Enter your name that you want others to see when they receive your email. Enter the email ID. Enter the password that you have established with your web hosting company.
- Next is an important step where most problems arise! Outlook will look to detect the server. If it can do that itself, then you will have no worries at all. In case it doesn’t detect the server, you need to follow the below steps.
- Click on the check box besides “Manually configure server settings”. Now click “Next”.
- Select the type of e mail service. Select “Others” for Hotmail account. For other accounts, you can select “Internet E mail”.
- Click “Next”
- In the server information section, select the Account type (Ask your hosting company)
- Enter incoming and outgoing mail servers. (Again ask your hosting company)
- Now examine the “Log on information” part.
- Enter your email ID or user name as suggested by the hosting company.
- Enter the Password.
- Check the box “Remember the Password”.
That’s it! You have successfully completed the setting up of Microsoft Outlook Account!
In case you are still having problems, you can check the help section of the Outlook.