Lion’s mail.app animates its windows. When you open a new message or reply to an existing one, the window “zooms out” to greet you.
I can hardly see this on my 27″ iMac, but it is noticable on my MacBook.
If you dislike this kind of frippery, or would simply rather turn the animation off and get to your messages more quickly, a Terminal command can get you there.
Open up Terminal and type in:
defaults write com.apple.Mail DisableReplyAnimations -bool YES
If you change your mind it’s easy to go back again. Just open up the Terminal again, and type:
defaults write com.apple.Mail DisableReplyAnimations -bool NO
What could be easier?
- Fixing a little annoyance in Snow Leopard’s Mail.app
- Viewing HTML messages in Apple Mail
- Reduce ‘text drag delay’ in Apple Mail
- Setting a minimum HTML font size
- Leopard Mail’s clever HTML formatting
Tags: Apple Mail, apple mail tips, Productivity