Luckily, lots of other people feel the same way, and it didn’t long for hacks to appear which return them to their pristine, pre-Lion state.
Two for iCal, in particular, caught my eye.
First, a tweak to remove the torn page (how twee!) from the top of iCal.
Following the instructions provided makes for a slightly cleaner-looking interface:
If that’s not minimalist enough for you, a second tweak takes the interface all the way back to familiar aluminium:
Both posts provide the images required, clear instructions for the tweak and for returning things to their original state if you change your mind. Nice.
The new look Address Book is harder to unravel, but one tweak offers at least to replace the leather cover with an aluminum one.
- Dates to iCal: Syncing birthdays, anniversaries
- AddressBookQuickEntry: Faster contact entry
- What to do after deleting Mail.app by mistake
- Active Directory access over LDAP in Mail.app
- Mail/Blackberry/iCal/Address Book/Yojimbo
Tags: hacks, iCal, not apple mail