Daniel Parnell has released an initial Leopard-friendly version of HTTPMail (1.50), a plugin for Mail.app that fools Hotmail and MSN web-based email accounts into downloading POP emails into Mail.
It basically does the same thing as MacFreePOPs, now also released for Leopard.
The plugin comes in a disk image with an installer and a detailed PDF on how to use it.
Daniel provides a handy list of how far the Leopard development has come:
He also outlines how to set up a Hotmail account in Mail.app using the plugin. He reminds users that older free Hotmail and MSN accounts will probably work but that newer one may need to be upgraded to Hotmail Plus .
- HTTPMail updated for 10.5.3
- Webmail plugins for Mail.app: The current state of play
- httpmail 1.49: Hotmail plugin finally universal
- The Death of Hotmail for Mail.app users and a new solution
- Hotmail, mail.app and Intel Macs
Tags: Apple Mail, email, hotmail, httpmail, Leopard, mail.app, microsoft, MSN, plugins