Yesterday (or possibly today if you live in the USA) was iCal Day, the one day of the year on which the default iCal icon shows the same date whether it is running or not.
This year I missed the great day. But others didn’t.
Erik Kennedy at Ars Technica takes the opportunity to point out what’s wrong with iCal.
If you find yourself at a loose end, why not celebrate the day by hacking around with iCal’s icon?
UPDATE: Or, even better, take a look at iConiCal , a utility that forces iCal to display today’s date in a variety of colours, whether the app is open or not. [Via TUAW ]
- How to hack iCal’s icon, more Mail icons
- iconical: Correct the date on iCal’s Dock icon
- Five addons to make iCal even better
- NumSemaine: Add the week of the year to iCal
- Today: Entourage’s “My Day” for everyone
Tags: funny hats, iCal, not apple mail, Productivity