Some time ago, while I wasn’t watching, Thomas Aylott updated his clever scripts which make iCal able to pipe its alarms through to Growl.
Previously, when Hawk Wings last blogged it, the process of activating the scripts was rather difficult and involved a lot of digging around in iCal’s guts.
Now Thomas has packaged up the scripts in a disk image along with step-by-step instructions on how to install them:
Four steps and you are done. Then you can enjoy Growl’s alerts instead of the iCal’s big scary messages with the jangly alarm clock.
The disk image is available on Thomas’s web site.
- Clever Growl hack for iCal
- Hacking iCal to display alarms with Growl
- Gmail Loader: Getting your emails into Gmail
- OmniGrowl: Growl alerts from iCal, RSS feeds and more
- Thunderbird, Growl and Getting Things Done
Tags: Apple Mail Tips, growl, hacks, iCal, notifications, scripts