Carsten BlÃ¼m has just released an updated version that now supports IMAP accounts.
That is to say, it works by linking to the locally-cached copy of an IMAP email.
UPDATE: The developer emails to assure me that the links will remain intact even if the local cache has to be rebuilt. So it’s a move-proof, rebuild-proof solution for IMAP users.
You can drop the hyperlinks which the app creates into any app that supports the feature, among them Yojimbo, SOHO Notes and other PIMs, productivty apps like Easy Task Manager, iCal and more.
He has also produced an animated GIF which demonstrates how the hyperlinks work.
The LinkABoo beta is freeware and available from Carsten’s web site .
- LinkABoo: Hyperlink to emails in other apps
- Linking emails in iCal: A tip to avoid
- MailTags: Hyperlink to emails in other apps
- DoBeDo iCal widget 2.5: Resizable, Groups, more
- Quickly email yourself with “Note to Self”
Tags: Apple Mail, easytask, gtd, hyperlinks, iCal, mail.app, Productivity, yojimbo