Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 is out.
While the release itself contains no new features, only general stability improvements and security fixes (full list ), the release notes mention a number of bugs and known issues, some of which affect Mac users in particular.
Four of the problems are described as known issues, the last of which may affect Intel Mac users:
- If after you run the Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 installer, the extension compatibility and update wizard does not appear, go to the Extension Manager and manually check for updates.
- If the Extension Compatibility and Update wizard appears but does not complete, first try to focus some other window and return focus to the wizard. If that does not correct the problem, hit Cancel and go to the Extension Manager and manually check for updates.
- If the Extension Compatibility and Update wizard downloads and installs extension updates but those updates are not applied, open the Extension Manager and manually check for updates.
- On Intel-based Macintosh computers, PowerPC-only binary extensions do not work unless users upgrade to an Intel-native or Universal version or turn on Rosetta. To turn on Rosetta, click on the Thunderbird icon, click “Get Info” and then check the “Run Under Rosetta” box.
Two more potential Mac-specific issues are detailed in the notes:
- If you are running Thunderbird 1.5 or Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 on Macintosh computers with Intel Core processors under Rosetta, you will get upgraded to a PowerPC-only, Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 product via the automated update system. You will need to download the Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 Universal Binary build from www.mozilla.com to take advantage of the native support for Intel-based Macintosh computers.
- There is no Talkback on Intel-based Macs when running natively or under Rosetta. The Apple Crash report program should launch in the event of application crashes.
- MacFreePOPs 2.0: Webmail plugin gets auto-updates, goes almost universal
- Running non-universal plugins on an Intel Mac
- Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 is out
- Get nicer looking Thunderbird labels
- Hotmail, mail.app and Intel Macs
Tags: bugs, email, extensions manager, Mozilla, not apple mail, problems, thunderbird