In a comment on another Hawk Wings post, Dave asks how to switch his email over from Eudora for Windows to Mail.app.
The answer is easy (especially as Andreas Amann, the developer of Eudora Mailbox Cleaner has already written out the answer):
- Copy your Windows Eudora data folder onto a USB stick or something similar so that you can move it to your Mac.
- [UPDATE: It emerges that there is an imtermediate step in here, too complicated to make into a bullet point but not complicated enough to make the process difficult. Details in EMC's readme file - Thanks, Dave].
- Drop the complete Eudora data folder onto Eudora Mailbox Cleaner and wait for the conversion to finish.
Eudora Mailbox Cleaner also offers easy transitions from Thunderbird (Mac, Windows or Linux):
It’s freeware (donations from grateful users not turned away) and available from Andreas’ web site .
[Thanks, Andreas :)]
- Eudora Mailbox Cleaner 4.6.1: Slicker and Quicker
- Eudora Mailbox Cleaner 4.6
- Full Marks for Eudora Mailbox Cleaner
- Eudora Mailbox Cleaner: Eudora -> Apple Mail
- Eudora Mailbox Cleaner updated
Tags: Apple Mail, conversion, email, Eudora, mail.app, mailboxes, switching, thunderbird