Mail.app’s version number changes from Version 2.1 (752/752.2) to Version 2.1.1 (752.3) after an update to 10.4.8 (Intel , PPC ) on an Intel Mac, but it’s not immediately clear what new features or improvements (if any) the update brings.
Apple continues its campaign to enforce the lozenge icons introduced with Tiger, overwriting any modifications with the default Tiger icons. Luckily, Mail Stamps soon removes them again.
Other plugins appear to be unaffected by the update.
Presumably, Mail users will benefit from added security to WebKit, but I can’t discover any changes in Mail.app itself. Can you?
- 10.4.4: Nothing new for Mail.app?
- Mail Stamps 2.0.1 released
- A dedicated, distraction-free browser for Gmail
- Finally, a nice icon for Gmail
- Get rid of Tiger Mail’s lozenge buttons
Tags: 10.4.8, Apple, Apple Mail, icons, mail.app, update, WebKit