Ken Ferry’s Mail Type Select plugin for Mail.app adds “Finder-like” text matching to the message list window.
That is to say, when the plugin is installed, you can click in the message list window and start typing. Mail will match on the first occurrence of what you type just as finder does (you can jump to additional matches using the Control+down arrow or up arrow keys). Itâ€™s quick. After you have used it for a while, it could become second nature. Nice.
It’s now a universal binary, so Intel Mac users can benefit from the speedy matching too.
Mail Type Select is freeware. It’s available from Ken Ferry’s web site .
- Mail Type Select: Find emails fast in Apple Mail
- Moving around Mail.app using the keyboard
- Emailing a file with Quicksilver
- The Table View Selection bug: What it is and how to fix it
- Save emails as RTF or plain text files
Tags: Apple Mail, Finder, mail.app, plugins, Productivity, searching, text matching