Maciej Ceglowski decided to use Mail.app to archive the early letters of Alexander Pushkin , in part inspired by the Samuel Pepys Blog and in part because email clients offer built-in search and sort features.
It went quite well, but didn’t completely satisfy:
I had to bump the date up by 200 years because Mail.app refuses to properly sort nineteenth century email. I consider this a bug.
He plans to set up an IMAP server to store this kind of information as emails. And he is looking for good sources of material.
- Five tutorials on using Mail.app
- .Mac IMAP mail as information manager
- Run an IMAP Tickler file via a Cron script
- More on Entourage Vs Mail.app
- IMAP-IDLE 1.06: Rewritten, faster, better
Tags: Apple Mail, archiving, literature, mail.app, pushkin, searching, sorting