On the Apple Discussion Boards, Steve Jones notes that Mail.app has the annoying habit of adding an extra return to paragraphs quoted in a reply.
It doesn’t happen all the time, and it seems to happen whether the reply is in plain text or rich text format.
I’ve noticed this myself and have shared the concern of another poster in the same thread:
I hope my original messages aren’t being displayed to the recipient like this, ’cause it’d really make me look like an idiot!
This is possibly not the most pressing issue facing a user of Mail.app, but it does nag away in the back of my mind.
Why is it so? Can anything be done to fix it?
- Smarter replies and forwards in Apple Mail
- Sending one reply to multiple emails
- Script to reply to multiple emails in Mail.app
- Joe Kissell on top- vs bottom-posting
- How to boilerplate frequent email replies
Tags: Apple Mail, bugs, extra spaces, looking like an idiot, mail.app, replies, text