Langenhoven offers a Greasemonkey script for Firefox that will encrypt Gmail messages.
The site also offers a utility for producing the public and private keys needed for encryption.
I haven’t tested this but the results look like the real thing:
Read the Known Issues section to discover that it works best in Firefox 1.5 or greater and that some of the buttons are troublesome.
- Greasemonkey up your Gmail
- Gmail shortcuts in Thunderbird and Fastmail
- Add Daily Agenda to your Gmail
- Killer list of Google Calendar tips
- MailTags for Leopard: New Public Beta
Tags: email, encryption, FireFox, GMAIL, greasemonkey, private keys, public public, security