Michael McCracken likes Gmail a lot.
But he finds that reading it in his normal web-browser is too distracting. Bookmarks, other open windows and the Google search are constantly tempting him away from his work.
So he created a dedicated WebKit browser that loads only Gmail without the distractions:
This gives him the focus that he is used to in an email client like Mail.app.
He has made it available for download from his web site .
If you are going to use it a lot, you might want to give it a distinctive icon, like one of the Gmail icons in the Mayosoft collection (or this recently posted one at InterfaceLIFT). Then a glance in the Dock tells you what it is:
UPDATE: Michael has some more things to say.
- Finally, a nice icon for Gmail
- Gcal.app: Distraction-free Google Calendar WebKit client
- More on WebKit Webmail.app
- Distraction-free Gmail in Camino/Firefox
- Fluid 0.9.2: Make your own site-specific web apps
Tags: email, getting things done, GMAIL, Productivity, WebKit