Zimbra is “a rich, full-featured, AJAX-based Web client that brings e-mail and calendar items to life through Web mash-ups on the front endâ€.
Today the developers announced the release of support for Intel Macs. According to the company’s press release,
ZCS for Mac OS X is an open-source, enterprise-grade email and collaboration server and application that includes support for iCal, Apple Mail clients and Apple Xsan storage. In testing ZCS for Mac OS X, Zimbra has achieved speeds up to five times faster on the Intel-based Mac clients.
The latest version also introduces support for calendar resources (conferences rooms, etc) and reminders.
[Via PRNewsWire ]
- Zimbra iSync beta released
- Zimbra gets friendly with Safari 3.0, CalDAV, iPhone
- Zimbra’s Mobile Phone interface on an iPhone
- Zimbra launches Desktop client
- Lightning: A calendar for Thunderbird
Tags: ajax, calendar, email, iCal, mail.app, universal, web 2.0, Zimbra