In the course of writing my email un-attachment plugin for Mail.app, I found that Apple has a capable, but entirely undocumented, plugin API. Iâ€™m providing this tutorial in the hopes that it may be useful to anyone else considering implementing a plugin for Apple Mail.
Personally, I can’t understand a word of it, but many Hawk Wings readers with Python skills will no doubt find it excellent.
A poster on the macOSXHints forums has already used the tutorial to create a plugin that does something with signatures in Mail.app (adds a random signature to each email from the UNIX program Fortune?).
- Colour and HTML signatures in Mail.app
- Quickly add URLs to Apple Mail Signatures
- Random (plain text) signatures in Apple Mail
- SignatureProfiler for Leopard Mail
- More on HTML signatures in Apple Mail
Tags: Apple Mail, fortune, howto, mail.app, plugins, python, signatures, tutorial