For a few weeks, I have been having an odd problem with iCal. The To: field in automatically generated iCal email reminders and invitations turns up empty, with the result that Mail.app can’t send them. Annoying.
A quick tour of Apple’s iCal discussions showed I was not the only one. And eventually I turned up the solution in a post by Declan Rieb.
The problem occurs when an third party app (often but not always GroupCal) breaks iCal’s internal iCal-to-Mail applescript. Opening two scripts in iCal’s Resources folder and recompiling them, restores the functionality and the problem disappears.
If this happens to you, you can find full instructions for the fix in Declan’s post.
- GroupCal 3.01: Sync iCal with MS Exchange
- How to delete an iCal calendar safely
- Two ways to send emails at a specific time
- Easy Growl alerts in iCal
- Schedule emails to send later in Mail.app
Tags: addressee, Apple Mail Tips, empty to field, iCal, invitiations, reminders