According to some user reports , it looks like Gmail Notifier is no longer correctly reporting new mail in Gmail accounts.
Neither the old version or the recently updated one are working for me.
If notification is important to you, it might be worth switching to GmailStatus (which is working fine) until the problem is sorted out.
UPDATE: The crisis must be over. Gmail Notifier just sputtered into life again.
- Gmail+Growl: Growl-powered Gmail alerts
- Tweaking Gmail Notifier for extra features
- Gmail Notifier, Gmail+Growl updated
- Gmailto No. 2: Set Gmail as default mail client
- From .Mac to Gmail without pain
Tags: email, GMAIL, notification, problems