Quicksilver, LaunchBar and Butler users will benefit from a tip on macOSXHints which provides search strings that they can use to quickly launch searches of their Gmail messages.
The tip includes the string for LaunchBar but the comments from Rob Griffiths and others provide the same information for Quicksilver and Butler users.
Lantrix’s comment lower down also offers a quick tutorial on how to set the string up as a web search in Quicksilver. Quick. Nifty.
- Plugins add grunt to Google’s Quick Search Box
- Namely: Quicksilver without the silver
- Google Desktop for Mac: Gmail, MailTags
- My Mac Essentials, Part One: System Utilities
- GTDGMail: Getting Things Done with Firefox and Gmail
Tags: butler, GMAIL, launchbar, quicksilver, searching, tip