If you didn’t read the comments on drunkenbatman’s “Talking Mail.app” interview , you might have missed a very interesting link posted by Chris Mear which explains why Mail.app quotes text in the way it does.
The format=flowed FAQ explains why text that once upon a time looked like the example on the left, now looks like the example on the right:
It also argues that this is a very good thing.
- Heavyweights body slam Mail.app
- A treasure trove of information on email
- Phishers learn new tricks
- Mailsmith: New Intel-friendly public beta
- Mail.app: Reasons to be thankful
Tags: Apple Mail, email, mail.app, quoting, text