Apple Mail users are lucky. We are blessed with over 70 pre-set keyboard shortcuts to make our work faster and more productive. After a while, “muscle memory” takes over and you don’t even have to think about it.
If you don’t like the pre-sets, it’s easy to change the defaults or roll your own.
Why not take it further? Fraser Speirs posts on MacDevCenter about wrenching every inch of productivity goodness out of his function keys. He quite likes Yojimbo too, I notice.
- Fraser Speirs’ Growl AppleScript
- Quicksilver and Yojimbo 1.2
- KeyCue: Keyboard Shortcut Reminder
- Keyboard Shortcuts for OS X and email apps
- Moving around Mail with the keyboard alone
Tags: Apple Mail, Function keys, keyboard shortcuts, mail.app, Productivity, working smarter