Loz Gray at LozWorld tells a story of ever-mounting horror about his attempt to reinstall Mail.app and its messages after reinstalling Mac OS X.
The horror begins when he copies his com.apple.mail.plist file from the new machine to the backup, overwriting the original, and goes downhill from there.
- The dreaded “your home directory is full” error
- Recovering deleted messages in Mail 2.0
- Email Backup and Backup Pro updates: GyazMail, better restore
- Rebuild your database and speed up Mail.app
- SpeedMail: Slick Envelope Rebuilding app for Mail
Tags: Apple Mail, backup, envelope.index, mail.app, mailboxes, system restore, tales of woe