AOL has released the ten most common subject lines in
“Donald Trump” and “penis patch” top the list.
Normally I don’t get to see these due to the efficiency of
1. Donald Trump Wants You – Please Respond;
2. Double Standards New Product – Penis Patch;
3. Body Wrap: Lose 6-20 inches in one hour;
4. Get an Apple iPod Nano, PS3 or Xbox 360 for Free;
5. It?¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢s Lisa, I must have sent you to the wrong site;
6. Breaking Stock News** Small Cap Issue Poised to Triple;
7. Thank you for your business. Shipment notification;
8. Your Mortgage Application is Ready; Thank you:
9. Your $199 Rolex Special Included;
10. Online Prescriptions Made Easy.
Commenting on the overall nature of spam in 2005, AOL postmaster Charles Stiles suggests:
While the volume of spam reaching AOL email inboxes has remained at low levels compared to its height in late 2003, the spam that’s out there is more insidious, crafty, devious, and dangerous than ever.
- Top ten things every Mail.app user should have
- Fix for AppleScript in Mail.app’s signatures
- AOL demands cash on delivery for email
- Universal Thunderbird builds with Address Book support
- Weekly Update
Tags: email, junk filter, mail.app, spam