From a thread on the Apple Mail Discussions Board come some tips for going backwards in Mail.app from the new emlx file format in Mail 2.0 to Panther Mail’s mbox format:
- The emlx to mbox converter that’s been blogged here before, but with a step-by-step walkthrough.
- Andreas Amann’s Mail Scripts contains an Archive script that can export Tiger’s emlx files as an mbox file.
One poster is going backwards because Tiger Mail has too many problems. Another is going backwards for various reasons he won’t go into. A third user on MacUsers.org is going backwards because his work set-up demands it.
- emlx to mbox converter 1.0.3
- An emlx to mbox converter
- Mail 2.0′s three different file types
- Mark Pilgrim and Mail.app’s “Save As…” function
- Moving from Mail 2.0 to Thunderbird
Tags: Apple Mail, emlx, mail, mail.app, mbox, panther, Tiger