A updated version (2.4) was released today, featuring the following major improvements:
- Made various changes to the Bayesian engine to improve accuracy.
- Added some heuristics for detecting phishes.
- Apple Mail messages can now be filed into different mailboxes based on how spammy they are (requires 10.3 or 10.4). (Read more about this new feature)
- The Apple Mail plug-in is now a Universal Binary, so SpamSieve can be used on Intel-based Macs without running Mail in Rosetta.
You can read the full Changelog on the SpamSieve web site.
SpamSieve is shareware (USD 25) and is available from the developer’s web site.
- Mail.app’s Junk Filter is not like the others
- SpamSieve 2.4.1
- How Bayesian spam filtering works
- JunkMatcher: free extra spam protection
- SpamSieve gets Thunderbird support
Tags: Apple Mail, Junk, spam, SpamSieve