Worried about the
If your email server supports connection over SSL (sometimes called POPS and IMAPS), you can use that.
If you don’t, then securing your email traffic with a SSH tunnel might be a good answer for you. There is a long and detailed tutorial on how to do this for
Even if you have no intention of doing anything like this ever, it is still an interesting read.
- Apple Mail phones home too
- Exchange Server 2007, Mail.app and Safari
- Turn your Mac mini into an ISP
- Encryption tutorial for Mail.app
- Hotmail, Yahoo and Lion’s mail
Tags: Apple Mail, mail.app, security