There are lots of options for backing up
Now a post on macOSXHints adds another, an AppleScript app that will do an incremental local or network
The script has a nice GUI front-end and seems to work well. It is clearly designed as a tool for sys admins to deploy over a network for the benefit of less knowledgeable end users, but is not restricted to that task.
As the poster says, it is still a work in progress, but it quickly created a local backup of my Mail Folder without any hiccups.
One cautionary note. A full backup of Mail.app includes more than the
- Folder Action applescript for archiving files on Gmail
- Applescripted backup for Mail and Address Book
- A dedicated, easy-to-use backup app for Apple Mail and Entourage
- Recovering deleted messages in Mail 2.0
- Importing emlx messages into Apple Mail 2.0
Tags: Apple Mail, backup, entourage, Mail folder