Fred Avolio recently switched. He bought a PowerBook. On his blog he details his experiments with various Mac email clients—Eudora, Thunderbird, Mulberry—before settling on Apple Mail as the best solution.
He likes the integration of Spotlight, although wishes he could perform more complicated searches. He likes Mail.app’s rules. He misses labels, but could get them back using MailTags and Mail Act-on (or Label Scripts).
His account of the reasons why other clients fall a little short is a good read.
- MailTags for Thunderbird (sort of)
- Mail.app conversations: Getting what Gmail’s got
- MailTags causing rule problems in 10.4.3
- Coloured labels on the fly for Mail.app
- Managing email with MailTags
No tags for this post.