VK4DX shows you how to replace the inbox icons in Mail.app with the icons from Thunderbird, so that your Mailbox Drawer will look like this:
Wanting to make Thunderbird look like Apple Mail I can understand. This one, I’m still thinking about.
Of course, the real value of this tip is that it shows you how to replace tiff files inside Mail.app’s Resources folder.
Using this method, you are not restricted to changing the icons to Thunderbird ones. You can use any image you want:
- Icon replacement tutorial for Mail.app
- Change Apple Mail’s new mail badges
- Hacking Mail.app’s interface
- The “Hasta la Vista” icon replacement set
- Hack Mail for more sensible priority flags
Tags: Apple Mail, hacks, icons, interface, mail.app, mailboxes, mods