If you work in more than one place on the one laptop, as I do, this Automator Action promises to be a Godsend. When I arrive in my office at uni, the first thing I need to do is switch locations in the Apple menu, switch over the SMTP server for all my mail accounts, turn iTunes down by 60% (“No Barenaked Ladies in this faculty, please!”), select the network printer, and so on and so on…..
Charles Schoenfeld’s action promises to automate all that for me and more. In one hit it switches “network location, sound volume, SMTP servers, whether to fetch mail automatically, enabling/disabling of individual e-mail accounts, default printer selection.” It requires some customization for your individual needs, but full instructions are included in the archive.
It is donation-ware and is available from AutomatorWorld.
- NetworkLocation for Leopard released
- Pumping up the volume of Mail.app’s alerts
- Posting .Mac mail when Port 25 is blocked
- Three outgoing mail fixes for Mac users on the go
- Mail Forward 3.1.1.b1: Reading your webmail in Mail.app
No tags for this post.