Andrew Escobar has just released a new, improved version of his Mail Stamps utility, which removes the new lozenge-shaped buttons from the Tiger version of Apple Mail.
The new version is a stand-alone app. It streamlines the installation process, which was a bit fiddly before. Download it, install it in your Applications folder and run it. A screen appears, offering you the option of removing the lozenges and of making Mail highlight selected folders in the colour used to highlight folders in other apps like iTunes, Address Book and iCal.
Undoing the changes is as simple as running the app again, deselecting the options you wish to remove and clicking on “Update Mail”. It is still freeware and can be downloaded from Andrew’s website.
- Dreaming of a smarter Mail.app in Leopard
- PocketLight: Search Panther Mail, iCal, Address Book
- A cheeky set of iApp replacement icons
- Service to add a contact to Address Book
- What to do after deleting Mail.app by mistake
No tags for this post.