One way to solve the broken hyperlinks annoyance in Apple Mail 2.0 is to make your URLs and hyperlinks so short that they can’t break. A free service on the web called TinyURL can help you do this. Here’s how it works:
1. Go to the TinyURL web site – http://tinyurl.com.
onto the bookmarks bar of your browser (Safari in my case) like this:
3. Now whenever you want to send the hyperlink of a page you are browsing, click on the bookmark and it launches a new window with a short URL. For example, say you found a great tip for working around the broken hyperlink problem in Apple Mail. You click on the bookmark and it turns this URL
4. Cut and paste, or drag-and-drop the short URL – http://tinyurl.com/7gcjw (it does work. Click it and see!) – into your Mail message and you are done.
Now everyone can click on the links you send with ease. It’s not elegant, it’s not transparent, but it does work!
- Complicated solution to Mail.app’s broken hyperlinks
- Broken Hyperlinks – Work-around 2
- A smarter solution to Mail’s hyperlink woes
- Broken hyperlinks in Apple Mail
- LinkABoo: Hyperlink to emails in other apps
Tags: Apple Mail, broken hyperlinks, mail.app, tinyURL, URLs, workarounds